Friendship Deja-vu


There are certain friendships where I feel this strong sense of deja-vu, I will catch myself out and realize that we've already been through this once, twice maybe even three times before. I ask myself some times:

"Why do I keep bothering, I mean what's the point?" 

Friend No. 1
He will call me quite frequently, maybe a handful of times over the space of a day or two. He'll be really excited about meeting up and then something will happen - it won't work out and he'll just vanish. He'll disappear to the point where I don't think we are even friends anymore. Then give it a few months and it all repeats itself.

Friend No. 2
I have friend and I feel like I keep having the same conversation with him, over and over. I feel like no matter what happens 10 years into the future we'll be having the same converstation. I'm not saying that all of our conversations are the same - but some of them are on the same theme over and over and over again.

Friend No. 3
We try and make an effort to see each other more, it'll be months and then we'll go out. We'll speak about how we should spend more time together and make an effort to go out more - then nothing will happen for months and it all repeats itself.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :